Points for Participation
One of the principle purposes of the Guild is to promote participation in brewing and related activities by people throughout the kingdom. In an effort to encourage more people to reach out and try new things, we have instituted a points system by which we can gauge individuals' level of achievement throughout the year. Modelled after the achievement profiles used by the thrown weapons and archery communities, this system has been adapted for our peculiar needs.
Points are awarded to each guild member based on their participation in any number of brewing related activities (listed below.) It is up to each individual to ensure that their participation in these activities is reported to the head of the Guild or the regional representative; although we will make every effort to record attendees at classes, round tables, and competitions. The point tally worls on a rolling twelve-month calendar. This means there is no penalty for starting at any time during the year - the 12-month cycle for each individual starts on the date of their very first recorded activity.
Points are earned for the following activities (note that "competition" refers to any A&S competition that includes brewing as a possible entry, whereas "brewing competition" refers to a specific competition limited to brewing. For the purpose of this list, brewing refers to any potable beverage created using yeast to convert sugars to ethyl alcohols):
- Participating with a brewing project in an A&S display = 1 point
- Entering a brewing project in a local/baronial competition = 2 points
- Entering a brewing project in a Regional Championship = 3 points
- Entering a brewing project in a Kingdom-level competition = 4 points
- Winning any brewing competition = 2 additional points
- Hosting / Stewarding a brewing competition = 3 points
- Judging a brewing competition = 2 points
- Attending a brewers' round table discussion = 1 point
- Hosting a brewers' round table discussion = 2 points
- Attending a brewing class = 1 point
- Teaching a brewing class = 3 points
- Contributing brewed products to a Guild-sponsored social event (party, tavern, etc.) = 3 points
- Contributing brewed products to Largesse = 2 points
- Publishing research or documentation of a brewing or brewing related topic:
- as part of a competition, round table, or other brewing-related activity = 1 point (note: this does not include the documentation for a brewing entry. This includes papers submitted separately for consideration on their own merit.)
- as an article in or contribution to a SCA resource (e.g. Gazette, Stefan's Florilegium, Guild website) = 2 points
- as a separate publication (e.g. Complete Anachronist) = 3 points
Each month, the oldest month's points will fall off the tally and the most recent month's points will be added. If at any time in the rolling cycle, a brewer achieves a new target threshold, the new rank will be awarded. Individuals achieving the target thresholds will receive a token indicating their highest rank achieved.
1-6 points: Novice Brewer
7-13 points: Neophyte Brewer
14-21 points: Tradesman Brewer
22-30 points: Artisan Brewer
31+ points: Grandmaster Brewer
For the latest standings and point totals, view the spreadsheet at Google Docs: Points for Participation.
This is the recognized Web site for the Kingdom of AEthelmearc Brewer's Guild, Kingdom of the AEthelmearc (The Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.) and is maintained by Meistr Madoc Arundel. This site may contain electronic versions of the group's governing documents. Any discrepancies between the electronic version of any information on this site and the printed version that is available from the originating office will be decided in favor of the printed version.
Copyright © 2007-2018 Guildhead, Kingdom of AEthelmearc Brewer's Guild. The original contributors retain the copyright of certain portions of this site.
For information on using photographs, articles, or artwork from this web site, please contact the web minister via email at madoc.arundel AT live.com. He will assist you in contacting the original creator of the piece. Please respect the legal rights of our contributors.
All external links are not part of the AEthelmearc Brewer's Guild website. Inclusion of a page or site here is neither implicit nor explicit endorsement of the site. Further, SCA, Inc. is not responsible for content outside of brewers.aethelmearc.org.
This page last updated 16 April 2018 by Madoc Arundel